||J. Anthony Parker, MD PhD ( J.A.Parker@IEEE.org )
||2002/05/22: First version
||The source file, TwoD_HistogramTP.java
, is also contained in Align Stacks.
to the plugins or "plugins/Align Stacks" folder and restart ImageJ.
||This ImageJ PlugIn shows a histogram of the intensities in
two images. The x-axis represents the intensity in the first
image. The y-axis represents the intensity in the second image.
Several options for the displayed are defined:
1. Pdf = the value at point x,y in this joint histogram is the
probability of pixel pairs in the source images where the value of
Image1(x',y') = x and the value of Image2(x',y') = y.
2. -Joint Entropy = Pdf * log(Pdf).
3. Product = the product of one dimensional marginal histograms.
4. Mutual Information = Pdf * log(Pdf/Product).
5. -Conditional Entropy(1|2) = Pdf * log(Pdf/marginal Pdf for image 1)
6. -Conditional Entropy(2|1) = Pdf * log(Pdf/marginal Pdf for image 2)
Pdf = probability density function. The sum of values in a Pdf is
For display, the values have been multiplied by the number of
in the histogram, e.g. the average value in a pdf is 1.
This plugin may be interesting for visualizing similarity measures used
Zhu Y-M: Volume image registration by cross-entropy optimization. IEEE
Trans Med Imaging 21:174-180, 2002.